How does a healthy alternative to your go-to coffee shop muffin sound…
Did you recently went Paleo, Gluten-free, or Dairy-free and did you start to notice a crraving -that’s very hard to ignore- for some of your favorite baked goods?
Whip up these delicious, and surprisingly healthy Paleo walnut banana muffins!
We made these paleo banana walnut muffins twice in the last 2 weeks. To pair with those must-have 4 PM lattes and as a delicious surprise with brunch. These muffins have been an absolute, consistent hit.
Oh, and we’ve single-handedly consumed far more than we want to admit… so be forewarned!
Banana Walnut Paleo Muffins
WHAT (12-18 muffins)
- 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup (more if your bananas aren’t super-ripe)
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups walnut halves/pieces
- Muffin pan(will make 12-18 muffins)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
1. Pre-grease a muffin pan. (will make 12-18 muffins)
2. In a large mixing bowl; mash bananas with a fork before mixing in the oils, maple syrup, vanilla, and eggs. Use a hand mixer, if possible, it's easier to purée the bananas.
3. Add the flours, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, walnut, and mix until well combined.
4. Divide mixture into a pre-greased muffin pan.
5. Bake (30-35 minutes) until your paleo banana walnut muffins begin to brown on top.
Serve and enjoy!