These tostadas make a perfect weekend brunch
Or breakfast item, even a quick and fairly simple lunch. From start to finish it will take you about 15-20 minutes including oven preheat and all. Plus, the flavors are totally customizable.
We went with radish, shredded kale, fresh salsa, a little cheese and (naturally) sour cream. You can easily keep these dairy-free and go with avocado or guacamole instead.
These new favorite go-to tortillas will become so roasty, crisp, and flavorful when you bake them on high heat for just a few minutes. They’re absolutely lovely tossed in cinnamon sugar for dessert nachos, but when seasoned with savory flavors they’re equally delicious.
BREAKFAST TOSTADAS GLUTEN-FREE
WHAT (2 servings)
- 2 brown rice tortillas (or other gluten-free tortilla)
- salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- toppings: salsa, red onion, kale, radish, sour cream, cheese, avocado slices, guacamole, hot sauce (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/204°C and place tortillas on a baking sheet. Brush both sides with olive, grapeseed or refined coconut oil and then sprinkle with sea salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. If your tortillas are too large, cut them into smaller circles with a pizza cutter and cut the smaller scraps into "chips" to bake alongside the tostada circles.
3. Bake (5-10 minutes) until brown and crispy on both sides. Watch them closely as they turn quickly.
4. In the meantime, cook eggs as desired and set aside.
5. Remove tostadas from oven and top with eggs and desired toppings.
NOTE (1 serving)
8.7g protein | 2g fiber | 8g fat | 1g sugar | 219 calories