Banana bread has been taking Insta feeds by storm
And still finds its way into our kitchens, in the form of sweet and savory loaves, muffins, and bagels.
This week we’re giving it a decadent twist. Elevating this grain and gluten free loaf one step further as a caramelized banana bread. Caramelizing ripe banana with warming cinnamon, pure maple, and a touch of coconut.
A perfect breakfast and post-workout body recovery snack, rich in almond and coconut flour’s proteins and omegas.
Serve your Caramelized Banana Bread warm of rewarmed from frozen. Top it with a thick schmear almond butter. This Banana Bread recipe is a true favorite because it’s dark and moist.
Bake it for about 55 minutes, your taste buds will thank you for the wait…
CARAMELIZED BANANA BREAD_GRAIN FREE
WHAT (1 loaf, 10 slices)
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil - divided
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup - divided
- 2 ripe medium bananas - sliced into ½” rounds
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sliced banana, coconut flakes, hemp seeds (optional)
- almond butter (optional)
- (silicone) loaf pan
Preheat oven to 350°F, rack in the middle.
1. In a medium skillet; heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1 tablespoon maple syrup over medium heat.
Add banana, cinnamon and sauté, stirring frequently, until bananas are very fragrant and just beginning to soften (3 minutes). Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Mash well, then allow to cool to room temperature.
2. Add to the mashed bananas; remaining 2 tablespoons coconut oil, remaining 2 tablespoons maple, almond flour, flaxseed meal, coconut, baking soda, sea salt, eggs, and apple cider vinegar. Using a rubber spatula, fold batter until just combined.
3. Pour into silicone loaf pan, making sure mixture is evenly distributed, then top with banana slices, coconut flakes, and hemp seeds (optional). Bake (55 minutes_
Cool to room temperature, slice and serve!
NOTE (per slice)
6g protein | 3.5gfiber | 15.5g fat | 14g carbs | 7.5g sugar | 210 calories