We, health-conscious people
We pretty much put lemon in everything we eat and drink… So it would only be natural to throw some into these macaroons!
Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies. Here are a few reasons why it’s good to add more lemon into your life.
– They contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial.
– Aids digestion and encourages the production of bile.
– Is a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
– Balances to maintain the pH levels in your body
– Helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid.
– Helps cure a common cold.
– The potassium content helps nourish brain and nerve cells.
– Strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute.
– Helps balance calcium and oxygen levels in the liver. In case of a heartburn, a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
– It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne.
– Helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems.
– Aids in the production of digestive juices.
– Lemon juice helps replenish body salts, especially after a strenuous workout session.
Ok, just because we know now lemon it good for us. Don’t go overboard with these delicious coconut & lemon macaroons, moderation stays key.
Silky smooth ice-cream surrounded by chewy coconut macaroons… make an indulgent treat of delicious contrasts!
3 large egg whites
1/2 cup coconut or palm sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 teaspoons lemon zest
400g sweetened shredded coconut
low fat dairy-free ice cream, in flavor of your choice
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large bowl; combine egg whites, sugar, salt, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
Using an electric mixer, mix (about 2 minutes) until mixture is combined.
Gently fold in the shredded coconut.
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop heaping tablespoons of coconut mixture (about 1 inch apart) on the baking sheet. With your hand, flatten eat scoop into a 2-inch disk.
Bake (25 minutes) or until macaroons are golden brown on the edges. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
Once macaroons are completely cooled, soften ice cream and sandwich ice cream in between two macaroons.
Freeze (about 20 minutes)
NOTE (per serving)
They might seem like they are falling apart a little bit when you place them on the parchment paper. Don’t worry, once they bake they will stick together.
3g protein | 13g fat | 38g carbs | 30g sugar | 265 calories