To what’s sure to become your new favorite cup of morning joe:
Otherwise known as golden milk, this feisty drink takes things up a notch with its unreal anti-inflammatory and digestion-boosting powerhouse of ingredients! It’s packed with healthy fats, a whole lot of nourishment and can assist in weight loss.
With a hefty dose of turmeric this latte yields a vibrant, golden milk. It’s almost too pretty to drink! Turmeric has been used for centuries in Ayurvedic and Traditional Chinese Medicine to treat a number of conditions.
The coconut oil makes it extra thick and creamy. It gives your drink an extremely silky and smooth taste.
Heating the milk extracts the curcumin, it’s basically how you get the biggest bang from turmeric. It also gives the milk its spicy, bold flavor!
If you want more ideas and fresh ways to add turmeric to your favorite dishes and drinks, keep your eyes on Allorefoodies.
Small changes like these can make a big difference in your lifestyle.
Golden Turmeric Latte
WHAT (2 lattes)
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh turmeric - grated or 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- Pinch cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup coconut water
- 8-10 ice cubes
1. In a small pot; place the milk, honey and coconut oil over low heat to warm. Once warm to the touch, take off the heat.
2. Place the turmeric, cinnamon and coconut water in a blender and blend (1-2 minutes)
3. Fill a glass halfway with ice, and add 3-4 tablespoons turmeric mix. Fill the glass the rest of the way with the warm milk mix, roughly 1 cup.
Kick back and start sippin'!