Yes, we realize this dish is not for everyone
Just because we were deliciously surprised ourselves about the result of this recipe, we want to spread and share the love.
Espessially with the skeptic.
When talking about Tandoori recipes, the typical dishes that come to mind are the Tandoori Meats, Fish or Paneer, but what if we gave you something else?
Like a Tandoori Gobhi (Cauliflower)
Cauliflower florets marinated in Tandoori spices and broiled until all golden and crispy on the outside but tender and meaty on the inside!
This Tandoori Cauliflower Steak dish makes a light dinner and is fab as a flavorful appetizer too.
Healthy Tandoori Cauliflower Steak
WHAT (6 cauliflower steaks)
- 1 cauliflower - leaves removed
- 3/4 cup plain yogourt
- 1 tablespoon tandoori spice or paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh cilantro - finely chopped
1. Place cauliflower stem-side-up on a cutting board and, slicing downward, cut three 1/2-in. (1-cm) thick “steaks” from the centre of the cauliflower. Cut each cauliflower steak in half lengthwise. (Set aside remaining cauliflower for another use.)
2. In small bowl; mix yogourt, tandoori spice or paste, and salt. Brush yogourt mixture over both sides of cauliflower steaks.
3. Place cauliflower steaks on grill preheated to medium-high. Close lid and grill until golden brown and tender
(5 - 6 min per side )
Sprinkle with cilantro
NOTE (per serving)
3g protein | 2g fiber | 1g fat | 3g sugar | 7g carbs | 50 calories