What is your idea of romance?
Some girls go for roses, candles, wine&dine…
How would you feel about; a fireplace, and a homemade Heart-Beet pizza? Well, a fireplace, a homemade Heart-Beet pizza and wine.
We ran into a game changer on the tasty-and-healthy-gluten-free-pizza front. This killer hack for homemade gluten-free pizza means that you can have piping hot, gooey, crisp thin crust pizza on your table (or that faux-fur bearskin rug in front of the fireplace) in 15 minutes. Now that’s some romance!
This crispy thin-crust gluten-free pizza version is topped with a creamy beet green pesto, mozzarella, heart-shaped beets, and smoked blue cheese. The combination of creamy, tangy, smoky, and earthy sweetness from the beets is blow-your-mind-delicious.
Let us gush about the crust for a moment. This crust is as crispy and delicious as a high-end flatbread at any wine bar or gastro-pub. The great thing is that this one stays crispy even after it cools down. From the oven, cold, and at room temperature. The crust is always perfect.
This easy and quick gluten-free pizza is endlessly adaptable. We all need a recipe like this at hand, you know, for those really romantic moments…
WHAT (1 serving)
- 1 medium beet - cooked, peeled, and sliced into ¼ thick rounds
- 1 cup beet greens
- 1 clove of garlic - finely minced
- 1 teaspoon shallots - finely chopped
- 1.5 tablespoons crème fraiche or sour cream
- 1 teaspoon high heat cooking oil
- 1 gluten free tortilla
- 56.70g mozzarella - shredded (roughly 1/2 cup )
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese - crumbled (smoked if you can find it)
- salt and pepper
- parsley, for sprinkling
- a heart shaped cookie cutter (to cut the beets) or cut into small rectangles
1. Mix together; beet greens, garlic, shallot, crème-fraiche and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Turn oven broiler on to low.
3. Heat a well-seasoned cast iron skillet on a burner set to high. Once the pan starts to smoke a bit, add the oil. When oil shimmers, turn heat to low and wipe the skillet with a paper towel to remove some of the oil.
4. Place the tortilla (small bubble side down) in the pan and turn heat to low. Top tortilla with the crème fraiche and beet green mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella, add the heart-beets, finish with the blue cheese.
5. Put the skillet under the broiler (1-3 minutes)- watch closely to avoid burning.
6. Use an offset spatula to loosen any crispy cheese bits and slide onto a cutting board.
Sprinkle with parsley and enjoy!
If you can’t locate smoked blue cheese, try smoked mozzarella and regular blue cheese or goat cheese.