Do you love Italian cuisine?
We give you a spin-off that allows you to enjoy Italian pasta salad in a whole new way.
These colorful and low-calorie appetizers come in handy for every situation.
They are a perfect dish to make ahead. Add the dressing and stuff your picture-perfect shells an hour before your guests arrive.
This delightful appetizer can also be served as a first course, light lunch or you can bring the stuffed shells to a potluck.
Grab yourself a tasty shell, sit back and watch how fast they disappear.
Italian Shells_Low Calorie
WHAT (24 stuffed shells)
- ½ cup Cardini’s Light Caesar Vinaigrette Dressing or Girard’s Light Caesar Dressing - refrigerated*
- 24 jumbo pasta shells (8 ounces)
- 1 bag romaine lettuce - chopped into small pieces
- 1¼ cups cherry or grape tomatoes - cut in fourths
- 1 cup cucumbers - peeled and chopped
- ⅔ cup low-fat salami - chopped
- ⅔ cup (about 20) Kalamata olives - pitted and sliced into pieces
- ½ cup garbanzo beans - rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook shells according to package directions (al dente). Rinse in cold water.
2. In a large bowl; add all salad ingredients.
4. Start with ½ cup dressing and toss lightly.
Stuff each cooked shell.
Serve and enjoy!
We love Cardini’s Light Caesar Vinaigrette. It’s one of the better tasting store-bought bottled dressings. It’s sold in most large supermarket chains in the salad dressing aisle. If your market doesn’t sell this ons, use one of the other brands of Light Italian vinaigrette or Light Caesar dressings.
You can stuff this chopped salad in endive leaves instead of the pasta shells.
a stuffed shell only has 2.6g fat | 73 calories