EASY, one-skillet, healthy, ready in 15 minutes and loaded with rich flavors!! Juicy chicken and crisp-tender sprouts simmer in a mixture of balsamic, which keeps the chicken perfectly moist. A hint of sweet honey, and seasoned to perfection!!
A real keeper for those busy but classy weeknights.
Jeweled Honey Chicken
WHAT (4 servings)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 to 20 oz/1 to 1.25 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 16 oz/1 pound Brussels sprouts - trimmed and halved
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary Leaves - chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme Leaves - chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano Leaves - chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to tast
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils (dried cranberries may be substituted)
1 In large skillet; add olive oil, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat (5 minutes) until chicken is about 80% cooked through; stir and flip intermittently to ensure even cooking.
2 Push chicken over to one side of the skillet and add the sprouts in an even, flat layer with the cut side down.
3 Allow them to cook for about 2 minutes before evenly drizzling the entire skillet with balsamic vinegar, honey, and evenly seasoning with the rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper.
4 Simmer (5 to 10 minutes) until chicken is cooked through and sprouts are as tender as desired.
5 Remove from the heat, evenly sprinkle with pomegranate arils, add final drizzles of balsamic and/or honey, to taste.
Your jeweled chicken is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.