One thing that everyone loves
Is a loaded baked potato!
So it’s a shame that they’re also loaded with excess calories and fat. Since we love clean versions of unhealthy foods, we created the Instant Pot Loaded Baked Sweet Potato.
Sweet potatoes are healthier than white potatoes since they’re high in fiber and vitamin A. We also used heart-healthy olive oil and walnuts, and superfood spinach, so you can enjoy this tasty treat without any guilt.
The best part, though? It takes practically no time to prepare, so it’s perfect for those busy nights.
Loaded Baked Sweet Potato
WHAT (4 servings)
- 1 cup water
- 2 large sweet potatoes - washed well
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup walnuts - slightly crushed
- 1/4 dried cranberries
1. Place steamer basket in Instant Pot and add 1 cup water. Place the sweet potatoes on top of the steamer basket. Cover and check to be sure the vent is set in"sealed" position.
2. Press the "steam" button and set the time (15 minutes) The Instant Pot will begin to preheat. Once ready, the instant pot will begin cooking the potatoes for the designated time.
3. When time is completed, wait (5 minutes) then carefully vent the instant pot and remove lid. Cut each sweet potato in half and top each half with coconut butter and top with filling.
1. In medium skillet; heat olive oil on medium heat. Once hot, add spinach and cook just until the spinach is wilted.
2. Add walnuts, cranberries and lightly cook (for about 2 minutes) or until the walnuts are lightly toasted.
Spoon on top of baked sweet potatoes. Serve and enjoy!
NOTE (4 servings)
2g protein | 3g fiber | 6g fat | 20g carbs | 5g sugar | 187 calories