This is one of those flavor & texture combos
You definitely don’t want to miss.
Can you relate to the feeling of literally looking forward to a healthy breakfast in the morning?
This surprising Pear & Walnut porridge is the perfect way to set you up for the day ahead. Make sure you use ripe pears as the natural sweetness really comes out when they are cooking.
It doesn’t just taste lush it is also filling, and very satisfying. Oats are a great source of slow releasing carbs and fiber. The beauty is they are so versatile and blend effortlessly well with many different flavors.
The tiny surprise pinch of salt really compliments and brings out the sweetness of the toppings.
Healthy Pear & Walnut Porridge Recipe
WHAT (1 serving)
- ½ medium pear
- ½ teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 10g walnuts
- ½ cup (125ml) low-fat milk
- 60g rolled oats
Preheat oven to 175°C/350°F Line a baking tray with baking paper.
1. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the seeds from the pear half.
2. Place the pear half on the lined baking tray, drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake in the oven (20-25 minutes) until tender and cooked through.
3. In a non-stick fry pan over medium heat; Add and toast the walnuts. Cook (1-2 minutes) until golden brown and fragrant, stirring constantly. Transfer to a bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Bring 200ml water and 50ml of the milk to the boil over medium-high heat. Stir in the oats and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer (5 minutes) or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
Pour the porridge into a serving bowl. Top with the remaining milk, baked pear, blueberries, and walnuts.
When you're really in a rush and need your healthy delicious porridge asap, you can do step 4. in your microwave (2.5-3 minutes)