Pecan and pumpkin spice in every single bite!
These Rich, Fall-inspired, Vegan scones are made with hearty good old oats for a wholesome and filling treat with subtle hints of maple. Paired with you favorite coffee, of course.
Do you recognize this feeling that the more you get into the fall, the more you crave the regular stuff? A slice of homemade warm spiced pumpkin bread, fluffy pumpkin cheesecake with a gingersnap crust or just pumpkin butter slathered on your toast in the morning.
So get ready, these Oatmeal Pumpkin scones with a little pecan butter glaze will make everything feel cozy right away.
If you’ve never made scones before, you’ll love this recipe because they are a lot easier to make than they look.
These scones are naturally sweetened with maple syrup and a hint of molasses (it makes all the difference)!
After the scones bake, they are topped with a pecan butter glaze. The result… Puffy treats perfect for snacking, slathering with pumpkin butter, baking up for a brunch and enjoying with friends on the weekend.
Pecan Pumpkin Scones
WHAT (9 servings)
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses (any molasses will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour (or white whole wheat flour)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter - cut into small pieces (can also use regular butter if not vegan)
- 3/4 cup Coach’s Oats
- 24 raw pecans halves
- PECAN BUTTER GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon pecan butter (or cashew butter)
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin
Preheat oven to 425F
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl; mix together pumpkin puree, maple syrup, molasses, almond milk, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of a food processor; add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and salt.
Add in butter pieces and pulse a few times until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture, along with the oats. Stir until just moist; the dough will be very soft.
4. Place dough on the prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Pat dough into an 8 inch circle using floured hands. Cut into 8 triangles, but don’t cut all the way through the dough. Add 3 raw pecans to each scone triangle. Bake (20-25 minutes) until slightly golden.
5. Once your scones are done baking, mix together the glaze, if using. In a small bowl; Add pecan butter, maple syrup, salt, and warm water. Mix together until smooth and creamy like a glaze.
Drizzle over the scones and enjoy!
NOTE (1 serving with glaze)
4.9g protein | 5.6g fiber | 9.6g fat | 37.7g carbs | 9.7g sugar | 252 calories