If you like to change things up
You’ll really enjoy the variety of this recipe, on your usual fish routine!
These crispy cakes are a great way to use leftover salmon, any flaky fish.
For breakfast, topped with an egg. Lunch and dinner, on a bed of rich greens.
They always disappear fast! SUPER EASY and truly delicious …
WHAT (4 servings)
- 14.75 oz/0,4 kg salmon - undrained and flaked
- 1 slice of bread - shredded
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onion - including the green parts
- 1 medium garlic clove - minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped dill weed - or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
1 MIX: In a large bowl, gently mix together the salmon, bread, green onion, garlic, dill, bell pepper, flour, egg, paprika, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
2 FORM: Into 8 patties, each about 1/2 inch thick.
3 BROWN: Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Cook the cakes until nicely browned on both sides.
(3-4 minutes per side)