The best of both worlds
Is what you get when you taste these Salted Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Slices.
All the good stuff in one little picture-perfect package. Sweet, juicy, salty, surprising contrasting textures, dairy-free,
and we don’t have to re-evaluate our fitness goals…
Salted Chocolate Dipped Mandarin Slices
WHAT (5 servings)
- 5 mandarin oranges
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- sea salt or coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon shortening, optional
Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and set aside.
1. Peel the mandarin oranges.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl or with the help of a double boiler, melt chocolate chips and add shortening, if desired.
Adding shortening is optional - it helps make the chocolate super smooth and easier to work with. Using only melted chocolate will work fine as well.
3. Dip each slice halfway into the melted chocolate and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and repeat until all slices are evenly coated and sprinkled with salt.
Refrigerate (10 minutes) or until chocolate has hardened.
Serve and Enjoy!
Your salted Chocolate Covered Mandarin Slices will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container or storage bag in the fridge.