A surprising simple dish
Like this Gazpacho salad is a true main-meal must-have and pure clean eating heaven.
Tomatoes stored in the fridge loose their flavor. To get the maximum out of your tomatoes, store them at room temperature.
Salmon is an absolute winner to pair this gazpacho salad with.
Surprising Gazpacho Salad
WHAT (2 servings)
- 1/2 small red onion - diced
- 1 fresh garlic clove - minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 oz/1 pound mixed fresh garden tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper - seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large, crisp cucumber - cut into 1/2-inch half-moons
- 2 slices rye, or Ezekiel bread - toasted and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 Place diced onion in a small bowl of ice water. Let stand 10 minutes, then drain and pat dry.
1 In a small bowl; whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic.
2 Season vinaigrette with sea salt and pepper, whisk well to combine.
3 Arrange tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, and red onion on a platter.
4 Toast bread, then cut into 1-inch cubes and sprinkle over salad.
5 Season with sea salt and pepper and drizzle with vinaigrette.