Go outside your zucchini-comfort-zone.
We want to share a fun, easy and healthy recipe that uses spiralized sweet potatoes. As we’re quickly approaching fall, all those hearty root veggies are going to start cropping up and these Chili Spiralized Sweet Potato Fritters is a perfect and fun way to use them up.
Incorporate this vitamin A powerhouse into your weekly meals. Sweet Potatoes are nice and filling while still being low in calories, and they provide an amazing taste experience every time.
So why not take these babies and turn them into fritters!
Flavored with smoky chili powder, and with a slight brightness from the shallots and scallions, this is going to be a definite go-to this season.
If meal prepping is your thing, perfect! Because these spiralized sweet potato fritters are great for meal prep too. Pair them with some hummus, salsa and definitely some avocado!
SWEET POTATO CHILI FRITTERS
WHAT (10 fritters)
- 5 cups spiralized sweet potato (about 1 large sweet potato)
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ¼ cup scallions - chopped
- ½ cup shallots/red onion - chopped
- 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs - lightly beaten
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Tools: spiralizer
1. Peel your sweet potato then chop into smaller rounds (about 5 pieces should work).
2. Using your inspiralizer, spiralize the sweet potato and add the noodles to a large bowl. Then using kitchen shears, cut the noodles so they’re easier to handle.
3. To the bowl; add flour, scallions, shallot, spices and eggs. Stir the mixture together with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
4. In a large skillet; Add 2 – 3 tablespoons of coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, form small patties out of the sweet potato mixture in your hands.
5. Cook your fritters until golden brown (2 – 3 minutes) then flip cook an additional 2 minutes. Transfer the fritters to a cooling rack.
6. Repeat this process with the remaining mixture.
Serve slightly warm as is (or topped with some salsa, chopped cilantro (and avo) – yess!